There is plenty of new roller & inline speed skating material continually surfacing online. Here’s some of the latest;
Racing at Germany’s Gross Gerau- photo by rik huys
RESULTS & REPORTS
The racing started off with a bang for the Powerslide/Matter team in Gross Gerau. Racing started on Friday evening with the sprint cup. A 300m TT of the road. While it does not count towards the overall ranking for the weekend, it does count for some serious bragging rights. Powerslide had 2 of the favourites, last year’s winner Kalon Dobbin, and the in form man Andres Munoz. Something special happened. Something that I am sure anyone who saw it will never forget. It was similar to when Usan Bolt ran his WR in the 100m. That something special was a 300m TT done in 23.62 seconds by Andres. This unofficially beat the long standing WR from road TT king, Gregory Duggento. After the race most people would be jumping around like they had been to moon and back, but instead of being in orbit, Andres was firmly on the ground, focused on the rest of the weekend.
- NROC standings after two events [Click here]
- Report from Gross Gerau, Germany: Kriterium International de Gross Gerau
- New Zealand’s Scott Arlidge writes about skating in Africa & in the USA- Scott on Tour: Kinder in Afrika – Regen in Berlin – Indoor in den USA
- Texas Road Rash results [Division results] [Overall results]
- Texas Road Rash report: From Bill in Houston
- Report from France’s marathon championship: Julien s’empare du bronze au France Marathon
- Report from track racing in Hungary: Dom VSI Cup 2010, results [amateurs] [younger pros] [older pros]
- Good weekend of racing in Europe for Colombia’s Andrés Muñoz: Exitoso fin de semana para Andrés Muñoz en Europa
- Powerslide’s report from Germany’s Gross Gerau: Gross Gerau
- Results from the Netherlands’ KPN race in Nijeveen [Click here] [Report- Wederom Mulder en Huisman]
- Results from the Netherlands’ KPN race in Emmeloord [Click here] [Report- Bart Swings heerst in Emmeloord]
- Training & News’ report from Germany’s Gross Gerau: GG dag 1 : Alles kaput fahren!!
- Nicole Begg’s report from Germany’s Gross Gerau: 2nd Overall
- Candy Wong’s report from the Texas Road Rash: On Track And Within Expectation
Photo from InlineNews.de
MISC- BLOGS, DISCUSSIONS, TEAMS, FACILITIES
You want to go faster, but the single biggest thing you can do to go faster is skate technically better by skating lower (compression, sternum down etc.) But, to do this well, and over long distances (like say 42km), you need physical conditioning. You can’t just decide to do it, you can’t just rely completely on technique (it won’t last long enough). Plyometrics, weight lifting, cross training, and of course quality time on your skates are all ways to prepare your body to handle the technical task of skating lower.
Having a coach/mentor, that can teach a person to be a “Self-Starter”, wanting it for THEMSELVES, can be the most Rewarding element. Teach the “Correct Attitudes” to become your best, and watch out people…….Champions will be abundunt, and even more so when you can teach them not just how to think right………..but also how to skate fast and with Savy.
- Mike Garvin: All Things Being Equal
- Food for thought….
- Rollerblade Team 2010
- USA banked track reopening
- Candy Wong: Spring Fashion 2010 For Skaters
- why inline speed competition is boring to watch
‘Here’s skating from the last work/skate weekend. Track is in good condition, fence at edge has only posts‘- photo & caption from Jim White
There will be no Hayward Inline Race in 2010. After an enjoyable and successful four-year run, race directors Dave, Darlene and Heather Prois have decided to end the event.
- Cartagena is a candidate to host 2010 World Roller Speed Skating Championships [Read more]
- World Inline Cup set for Ferrara in Italy [Event's website]
- No Hayward Inline Races for 2010: Hayward Inline Races end
- 12-hour relay coming to Erfurt, Germany: 12-Stunden-Staffel in Erfurt [Event's website]
- 29th Annual Athens to Atlanta- October 3rd [Registration] [Event website]
- Next NSC May 20th
- Racing and Fun Combine at the May Day 10K
PICTURES & VIDEOS
Photo from Pattinaggio Bellusco
Photo from Pattinaggio Bellusco
Photo from World Inline Cup
- Pictures from Argentina’s national league race #2 in Rosario [Click here]
- Pictures from Germany’s Gross Gerau: 32° SpeedSkater Kriterium [Album A] [Album B] [Album C] [Album D] [Album E]
- Pictures from World Inline Cup in Germany: WORLD INLINE CUP Geisingen 2010
- Video from World Inline Cup in Germany: Geisingen WIC.10000m punkte Aktive Frauen,speedskating
- rik huys’ pictures from Germany’s Gross Gerau [Click here for album]
- Pictures- Texas Road Rash [Photo album #1] [More photos should be published here]
- Video fromArgentina- 500 mts Agustin.avi
Photo from VisualSkate