Before we enter the final weekend of May, I’d like to share links to all sorts of roller & inline speed skating news;
PICTURES & VIDEOS
- Toronto Inline Skating Club: Picture from May 27th practice
- Video: KPN NK Marathon: in jaren niet zoveel kanshebbers
- Pattinaggio Bellusco’s pictures: training & festival [Click here]
- Video: Regionals 2010 1500m Elim
- Video: Regionals 2010 Cat E. boys 700m
- Video: Matter 2010 – 01 – Andres Muñoz and his Defcon
- Pictures from racing in Cali, Colombia [Click here]
Photo by Peter Doucet/ SpeedSkateWorld.com, posted here
Photo from Pattinaggio Bellusco
Photo from PatinColombia
This Sunday I’ll be racing in the World Inline Cup in Ostrava, Czech Republic. This will be a first for me, I’ve never been to the Czech Republic. The women’s 33km race starts at 2.30pm and the men’s 4.30. Surprise, surprise the weather forecast is for rain on Sunday! It feels like I just got off the plane from Korea. I haven’t even fully unpacked my bags and on Saturday I have to hop on another one. Travelling the globe is certainly not glamorous.
Top skaters from all over North America are headed to Elkhart Lake, WI, this weekend to compete in the inaugural Great Midwest Inline Marathon.
Among the top men are Powerslide’s Jorge Botero, last year’s NROC men’s champion, and Tony Muse, an 18-time world champion.
- Three days of racing in the Netherlands: Univé Baanmarathon Staphorst
- New Marathon Attracts Strong Field
- Foreign skaters at a disadvantage at 2010 World Championships: Buitenlanders kansloos tijdens WK?
- Racing in the Netherlands: June 18-19: Inschrijven voor KPN NK Inline-skaten Weg 18-19 juni
- World Inline Cup this weekend [WORLD INLINE CUP Ostrava] [WIC Ostrava] [WORLD INLINE CUP Ostrava]
- High speeds coming to Rhein: Hochgeschwindigkeitsspektakel am Rhein
- Reprot from Colombia: RESUMEN V VALIDA NACIONAL PUNTUABLE, CALI 2010
RESULTS & REPORTS
- Univé/van der Wiel Marathon Baan- Staphorst [Results]
- Univé/van der Wiel Marathon Baan- Haulerwijk [Results]
- Report from France: Nuits St Georges (21) : 1ère étape de l’Open de Côte d’Or
- Summer Inline Series at the John Rose Oval: Summer Inline Series off with a Bang
- Student Champs in Szeged: Regional Student Champs 2010
BLOGS & SKATERS
Now I am 19, I sign autographs occasionally still and I still marvel at the opportunity. I’ve been to four different countries and all over the US. I skate everyday and I love every second of it. I want the world to realize that this sport is just as good as any other. Maybe more. I want the world to realize that we have our stud athletes and our bad ones, we have our good people and our bad people in the sport. I want them to see the passion the I put on display. I want them to notice that when we get good we look for ways to get better. I want the world to realize that a small kid, just 5’5″ and not getting any bigger can be a world class athlete from a small town of just 1300 people that didn’t have to move or switch schools to get where they are. How many sports is that possible in??
- First Wedding on Skates in the races
- There Are Marathons, and Then There Are Inline Skate Marathons–Would You Dare?
Photo from here