Here’s some of the latest online content featuring roller & inline speed skating material;
RESULTS & REPORTS
Today marks the start of great racing at inline’s newest outdoor venue. SportsQuest in Viginia is a multi~sport complex that will soon be home to both an inline banked track and a inline road track but for today the freshly black-topped parking lot will host 5k 10k and pro criterium races. There is about 30 kids skating tghe 5k on this cool morning.
- World Masters Marathon Championships in Italy [Results]
- Racing at Virginia’s SportsQuest multi sport facility: Fall into Fitness – SportsQuest Inaugural Inline Racing
- World Inline Cup overall 2010 results [Click here]
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, COLOMBIA
The traditional timing game has started now that most of the teams are here and are starting to lay down some fast laps. The truth is that this a psychological game where skaters pass times amongst each other to scare one another. The funny thing is that in the number of world championships I have been the guy with the fastest lap time rarely wins a race…so even a fast lap time doesn’t guarantee anything! It’s the guy that puts everything together that wins the races. Ofcourse the times taken are an indication of you being on or off pace but it shouldn’t be nothing more.
The spectators area will house over 2,500 people. In addition to this, athletes and coaches, will have dressing rooms, showers and restrooms for the participants. Banked track and the road, have had the recognition of athletes who say, it will provide a good show for the Colombians who proudly have in our house these RollerSpeed Worlds and all made possible by the efforts and work by the Governor of Antioquia, Antioquia Indeportes and the Colombian Federation of Skating, headed by Dr. Alberto Herrera Ayala, who in turn serves as guest host to this epic event and promises, “this will be the best World Championships in history.”
The track is a little different, fast but a little different. There is a little dip exiting the first turn which adds a slight degree of difficulty but nothing too bad. The opposite turn is a little rough but it’s the same for everyone.
Colombia’s & Italy’s squads preparing for the World Champs- photo from here
Belgian skaters training on the track- photo from Training & News
- Discussion & more in Bont Forum [Page 8]
- Pictures from Tammie Powers [10-16-10 USA World Team Practice day 3 in Colombia & Hotel time off] [10-14-10 USA World Team Day 1 in Colombia] [10-13-10 USA World Team travel to Colombia]
- Keith Carroll: Guarne
- Wouter Hebbrecht: 2010 World Championships Guarne, 5 days to go!
- 48 Gold Medals up for grabs
- Interview featuring New Zealand’s Nicole Begg [Click here]
- Four days to go!
- Twitter from Kalon Dobbin [100-meter flyers] [Spanish skater hitting fast times] [Italians looking fast] [Flying 100’s from relay pushes] [French skaters flying with 100’s & full laps] [Colombian skaters ready for 300-meter trials]
- Manon Kamminga: “No pressure please”
- Game of times begins [Click here]
- Twitter from Bill Begg [Skater times, liking tight corners] [Touching & emotional reunion]
- Worlds 2010- Interview with Mr 168- Kalon Dobbin
Team USA in Colombia- photo from Tammie Powers
Team USA skaters on track in Colombia- photo from Tammie Powers
NEWS & MISC
- Harry Vogel to skate 2011 season with Powerslide/ Matter Racing [Read more]
- How to Train Alone and Skate Solo
- Canada’s Taz Vitesse: Un club qui se développe!
- I’m Loving this Feeling
- How old can you Go ??
- Sprinting Frames
PICTURES & VIDEOS
Navarra league final in Spain- photo from ElPatinador
- Pictures: 24h Roller Montreal’s Photos – 2010, 7e Edition, Yan Allard (3)
- Pictures: 6 Heures de Troyes 2010 [Click here for album on flick]
- Video: Wimmereux 2010
- Pictures: 6-hours of Touraine, Ballan-Miré [Click here]
- Pictures: Children’s day in Brazil
- Pictures from Spain: Final Liga Navarra de Menores
Solo skaters at the Montreal 24 hours- photo shared by 24h Roller Montreal
6-hours of Touraine in Ballan-Miré- photo from Jeff7©